As I’m writing this journal entry, April is taking pictures of the almost-nude Aimae in front of me. I just finished reading my Word4UToday daily spiritual post, sort of, and probably you’d agree with me that this is definitely a juxtaposition of some sort. Sigh. This is just one of those poetic days.
I’m still recovering from the fact that there seems to be a lot of things to be done – and at Christmas break too! I’m alarmed at the amount of work that I still have to do in the next few weeks – and not even organizing them as early as today! – I’m such an idiot really.
I just read a short story by David Benioff entitled “The Devil Comes to Orekhovo” and I like it so much that I couldn’t sleep tonight. Okay, that maybe is an overstatement (as coffee played a role too!) but I really love the story so much I want to almost eat the paper. Very easy to read, but quite hard to dissect into parts – that makes it organically unified.
Also, I’ve been thinking a lot about myself. It feels as if nothing really major happened to me. Well, physically, I’m quite disturbed by the obvious observation that I’m getting Continue reading
Posted in current waves
- Tagged aimae, april, christmas break, crush, david benioff, getting fat, journal, juxtaposition, karla, leksi, poetic days, the devil comes to orekhovo, the emperor of the ice cream, wallace stevens
I’ve been busy for these past few days but now I’m up for good. Let’s just say I’m kind of well-adjusted for this term. The second semester kicked off with a blast of assignments – week after week of papers, reports and presentations – and now we have entered the month of December! Cool huh? With this month comes Christmas break of which I’m really looking forward to. And the Kampo Girls (also known as the ‘PG Era girls’) have finalized our Christmas party plan before the break comes in. It’s going to be really fun!
Here’s my wishlist for this month:
- A Death Note manga guidebook – I saw one in eBay when I was surfing some anime goodies, and this one really interests me. I’m a Death Note fan, and the guidebook, which is called as Death Note 13: How to Read is so amazing since it features lots of data about the manga series and the Death Note character profiles.
- A Blood+ Complete DVD Series – Yes, I mean who wouldn’t? Blood+ is one of the most amazing anime shows that I have ever seen.
- Book: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov – I’ve been meaning to buy this book but I can’t seem to find a copy in ‘an affordable price’ if you know what I mean – whether in book shops or second-hand book sales. I’ll buy one if I’m rich enough [laughs].
Posted in Listology, Pseudo News / Updates
- Tagged anime, blood+ dvd, christmas break, death note, death note 13: how to read, december, lolita, manga guide book, vladimir nabokov, wishlist